Summarize and reference your element in literature! This includes novels, poems, songs etc. Pl;ease find five references and link to two you tube videos.
LITERATURE: -"Love Is Like Oxygen" is a song by the British band Sweet, co-written by the group's guitarist Andy Scott and Trevor Griffin. -(Oxygen is a song by Bryan Adams that came out a long time ago) "Oxygen, every moment, oxygen everyday I can't live without it, don't take it away I need to breathe you in like oxygen" -H2O: Just Add Water (this is an Australian tv show about 3 mermaids that can be humans too) -Oxygen is an American digital cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Oxygen Media, LLC -Oxygen Poem " I'd hold my own breath, I'd hold it all day, Oxygen's useless, Is what I did say..." and then it continues on talking about oxygen.
Literature: 1. Silver as can be silver in the battery silver of my luiminous shining foil
Lithium to the battery Lithium to us Luiminous as you could ever be
Silver is what you arne'nt Lithium is what you are silver as can be yes it is to the battery I love this battery you are in"
2. Life as Lithium is not that great Why you may ask? Well, I felt free and at home once In my igneous rock Until all the dumb Homo sapiens (Especially Johann Arvedsen) Decided that its time For me to move And make myself useful. Where did I move was not that great For it’s always about their stupid needs To move me to places like batteries Microwaves, other heat-transferring appliances And even pills. Oh, how I loathed it. I miss being a soft, silver white metal Who was the lightest metal of them all Oh, I miss being in my igneous rock, That I call home.
3. You soothe my speeding head. As my pace will never slow, Without your loving silver, To refresh my manic mind!
Stabilize my erratic self. I am depression, in its true state. I am the ultimate delusion, You can change my fate.
The creative have always used you: To balance their thoughts, or as a piece of art. You are the hero’s hero. Society owes you tremendous gratitude.
You run our modern world, The electronics depend on your ultimate power. Much longer than the old, You are the King of our technological world.
4. Lithium makes me float. She calls me up through the fire out above the clouds against the soft caressing kiss of the stars and their blanket of night.
Lithium makes me float. with her smile and giggle. she squabbles often with nothing even remotely real. and she follows me.
Lithium makes me float. and on her eyes I could sail all day.
5.Every day she takes the pill: pill goes in mouth, water goes in mouth, pill is down.
Without it she'd fly apart: in all directions she'd be running, frantic shopping, talking too fast, starting the Next Big Thing That Would Not Be Finished.
Eventually, like a bulb burned too bright, she'd go dark: days slow, in bed, hardly moving crying, crying, waiting hopeless for the next fast time.
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdirs4h-LZ4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QiTmckeZk Literature: Truth: Platinum of Highest Purity Others labor hard for Truth Placed deep in the core of man, A Platinum of greatest density, Truth must be drawn Like everlasting water from a well
Jethro Tull: Crazed Institution And you can ring a crown of roses round your cranium, live and die upon your cross of platinum. Join the crazed institution of the stars. Be the man that you think (know) you really are.
Double Platinum, 1999 movie
The Platinum Rule, How I Met Your Mother
In Pursuit of Platinum: The Shocking Secret of World War II by Vic Robbie
1) "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" is a song by the Beatles, sung by Paul McCartney on their album Abbey Road. This song is has eccentric lyrics about a man named Maxwell who commits murder with a hammer.
2) The Silver Linings Playbook is a 2008 novel of American author Matthew Quick.
3) In the Doctor in "The Big Bang", the Doctor connects the four elements. In the same episode at Amy Pond's wedding, she recites this saying to help remember the Doctor (excluding the line "And a silver sixpence in her shoe"), who had previously been erased from time.
4) In The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick, Pat reads the book, taking a special liking to it since Hester Prynne "Believed in Silver Linings."
5) There is a billboard in game that says "Rehab Island" that features a palm tree in the middle of the two words. Very similar to the logo for the Dead Island series by Deep Silver.
1. The Carbon Age: How Life's Core Element Has Become Civilization's Greatest Threat by Eric Roston- The story of carbon—the building block of life that, ironically, is humanity’s great threat. 2. Poem entitled Carbon Monoxide (CO) Week 2: Carbon Cabrona which was written by poet Hai Au Chu.- part of the poem: "Smokeless inhales hurt. I cough tar on my shirt. As my black lungs breathe, Shrilling exhales wheeze.
Cabrona Falls me Down to My knees. 3. Altered Carbon- (2002) is a hardboiled cyberpunk science fiction novel by Richard K. Morgan. 4. Carbon is an original member of the Elements of Doom. 5. A quote by Michele Bachmann: "Carbon dioxide is natural. It is not harmful. It is part of Earth's life cycle." 6. TV show: The “Carbon Cops” Sean Fitzgerald and Lish Fejer demonstrate how awareness and technology can be combined in simple and practical terms to help people reduce their own carbon footprint and tackle the problem of greenhouse gas emissions. 7. Car Game: Need for Speed: Carbon, also known as NFS Carbon or NFSC, is an Electronic Arts video game belonging to the Need for Speed series. 8. CARBON CONNECTION Carbon comes in many forms Hard as diamond, soft as soot Coal or graphite when we write And fancy fullerine to boot. Carbon chains are straight or branched Or closed to form a ring Organic compounds these are called Parts for life they bring. Coal and oil and fuel gas Once mined they have much worth These reservoirs of energy Were once alive on earth. When carbon joins with oxygen It's either two or one The double causes drinks to fizz The single one? you're gone. I mean carbon dioxide's fairly good Most days it is our friend But carbon monoxide's something else One miss can mean the end. -- Poem by Peter Elias Videos: https://www.youtube.com/embed/eLs73KJI36w?rel=0&wmode=opaque&autoplay=1
1. Zinc was used in the comic book Metal Men in 1904 2. Zinc was used in a poem called Zinc o Zinc by Grainy
I remember walking With my dad to see A lime kiln to hear about Zinc and extraction. Bronze age volcanoes.
I remember the smell Of zinc from the lab They told me it wasn't What I meant to do. They are the experts.
I remember reading About the zinc prices And lost time accidents They have these here too. I've black safety boots.
In Texas he asked why I hurt myself with This strange dedication I had no answer. He's engaged now.
A prodigy returns Just for the weekend Sits outside in the rain Contemplates zinc and Plans her extraction. 3. Used in the hand book called: Everything about every element. 4. Zinc is an original member of the elements of doom 5. Zinc- By Kristi Lew
Argon in Literature Poems: There once was a noble gas Who had 40 for a molecular mass It's found in the lights That add day to our night, I hope my grade reads "passed" https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090511191249AAYrajC
I Am Argon My atomic number is eighteen I’m a gas many scientists have seen I’m the most common noble gas on the Earth One percent of the atmosphere, for what it’s worth.
Similar to Oxygen is my solubility I’ve never made a compound stably I’m pretty mellow, I’ll never react But I can be a current through which Mercury will pass
Argon-39 is often used for ice-coring A hobby most people find very boring I am Argon, hear me roar I’m always ready to tell you more. By Kellie Holt http://www.everypoet.net/element/display.php?symbol=Ar
To be third, yet noble enough to be called so. This blue, colour of royalty, sir, baron, this hue. Coloured or colourless, ask the light? But colours have no smell, not blue. Red rose, green apple, purple grape, but blue is argon's light. By Claire St-Laurent http://www.everypoet.net/element/display.php?symbol=Ar
The Most Noble Gas. A true sight to see As soon as she smiles. The world gets filled With a beam. But she's Always there for a while Until you close your eyes. And dream about happy things Like Lighting up The Sky!
Poem 1: Alphabet Sentence Always beneath Certain days end forever Geniuses hold idioms Just kill lamentations Many normal old people Question reason Still, tomorrow usually varies Whether xenon yields zeniths. By: Ellen Bee
Poem 2: Xenon I am a electric ozone haze an angry hum and a frantic white spark, a frantic white fire dancing through the wires dancing across my fingers across my eyes as they dart back and forth smoke as it rises from my skin, from the top of my skull Heart seized in a stuttering spasm, violently twisting itself to a stop inside my chest I am the dancing white spark I am the dancing white fire My xenon glares, electric eyes blink A flickering glow worm haze of light behind my smiling backward glance I am a tracery of images I am a photoelectric bliss falling shutter speed slow motion until I stop. By: David Galloway
3. Xenon (重機甲兵ゼノン Jūki Kōhē Zenon?, lit. "Heavy Metal Warrior Xenon") (aka. Bio Diver Xenon) is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Masaomi Kanzaki. 4. Xenon is the name of a Spanish rock musical group. Alex Mudarra and Enrique Ocaña play the guitar, Gemma Barris-Esparbé Guixà sings, Ismael Serradilla plays the saxophone, Albert Vega plays the electric bass and Josep Cordobés plays the drums. Some of their most famous songs are "Mi princesa" or "Rozando el cielo". Poem 5: Xenon I don’t care that you’re no Zena warrior princess, I just can’t stand those high-intensity headlights of yours at night. You may numb me from my pain if I breathe you in, but the only good your brightness may do is that your excitement may add color and life to my plasma tee vee. But, you know, if I love outer space, I should like the fact that you are the propellant in Ion drives — because if Xenon is the ion, it can be shot out of a rocket in outer space, forcing the rocket to move faster and faster through the void of outer space. Then again, I’m not going to outer space, and there’s no funding to get us humans into outer space right now anyway... So I’m sorry. you may think you’ve got some bright ideas, but when I’m driving at night, sometimes I think you should keep some of your ideas in check. By: Janet Kuypers
Video links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKbeMsPE_oM (Xenon Song) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2WHX6oGE4 (Xenon poem by Janet Kuypers)
1. Is a comic book about tantalum that is a hero that defeats a guy with water with tantalum water, whihc is a very good electric conductor. 2. Is a book about tantalum that explains its uses for technology, medicine and chemistry 3) Tantalum is a fairly new biomaterial designed with a high and bone-binding porosity. That was a sentence used in the dictionary as anexample to use the word tantalum. 4) tantalum was in the news saying that Apple was not using human friendly ways to extract the tantalum get needed. 5) the us was not sure if they were getting the tantalum, tungsten, tin and gold from the Democratic Republic of the Congo from Conflict-Free places.
1) http://www.uky.edu/Projects/Chemcomics/assets/images/br.gif 2) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780444516046 3) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Tantalum?s=t 4) TV 5) http://resourceinvestingnews.com/tag/tantalum-articles
Element song: http://youtu.be/ScZmFxv4ldQ Exploding capacipators slo-mo: http://youtu.be/63c3NDwk2TU Joaquin C.
1. Hydrogen is alluded to in the comic book, Metamorpho 2, A poem: Hydrogen’s screaming, I'm number one! I got one less proton, Than that helium… We’re both really light, We both float in air, But I’m real combustible, Like poppa's arm hair! Elemental abundance? I am the most! In our whole universe, Just let me boast… Don’t give me more protons, I like my lightweight, Atomic number is 1! And 1's really great! Periodic table? I sit in first place! I’m not really stable, But that’s no disgrace… I am the first, And 1’s really fine! I’ll be number one, Until the day I combine! 3. The Hydrogen Age is a movie that was released in 2004. 4. Another poem: Hydrogen is oh-so common You need it to make top ramen It’s an ingredient for most foods Everyone loves it; girls and dudes. It’s got the lowest atomic number of one Its group name is none. Oxygen is it’s partner in crime. They’re always up for a good time. A colorless gas you cannot smell, On Hydrogen you shall not dwell. With one part oxygen and its twin We get water, let the fun begin! 5. Hydrogen in referenced in the comic book,Wonder Woman.
Reference with the word Helium: 1. Song: Helium Hearts by Jason Reevs, (pop) chorus lyrics: Cause we're on fire Walking love's highest Burning wire Helium hearts We're falling skyward We're never coming down 2. Poem called: Like helium balloons: Before our very eyes…
Like helium balloons Ideas imbued with passion rise
Like lead balloons Bad ideas sink like a rock
Like Burst balloons That fragment before one’s eyes
Like trial balloons Ideas conceived, then undock
And float away Like lover’s sighs…
Like helium balloons before our very eyes… 3. Helium is mentioned in a comic: Thor, Number 115, September, 1965, page 15; There thor decides to battle a villain who absorbed all the elements except helium. Thor sees the villain's weakness. 4. There is a movie called Helium, it came out this January. It is a drama about a magical fantasy world, told by the hospital's eccentric janitor Enzo, to a sick boy Alfred, so that he could regain the joy and happiness of his life, and finds a safe haven away from daily life. 5. Another song: Helium by Chris Lake (remix), chorus lyrics: And watch me go, Watch me go. Float away like helium, your love. Fill me up, Like helium, like helium, your love. Links: 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6X3Homj8U 5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztuqU0imx5g -Vasilisa B.
Reference's in Literature: 1. Nitrogen, is a comic book series that the main heroes are a team of mutant teens that go by the name of nitrogen.
2. A poem about nitrogen by Janice; Nitrogen, nitrogen everywhere! Nitrogen, nitrogen in the air! It is such a useful thing, Oh it just makes me want to sing! It is in my blood, my DNA, I wouldn't exist without it, there's just no way!
2. The Nitrogen Cycle Song by Amy Bronson is a folk song about nitrogen. Nitrogen composes 79% of our atmosphere and nitrogen is very important for sustaining life here. Let me tell you a little story about nitrogen fixation. Well lightning struck, and N2s joined with O2s to make nitrates and the little NO3s dissolved into rain and fell down to the ground to be absorbed by trees so proteins could be produced. Then an animal ate some of the trees leaves for protein to survive, until it died, boo hoo and decomposed into ammonia, then nitrites, then nitrates with a little bit of it turned back into nitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria for the sake of balance. Then a human ate some of the trees leaves so it could have protein, too, but it didn’t die, no, it just peed in woods, oo, but that’s alright because urine contains urea which is ammonia which turns into nitrites and then nitrates with a little bit of it turned back into nitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria for the sake of balance, hey balance, hey balance. Well, lightning’s not the only way for nitrogen to fixate, that is, to turn into nitrates, ask any vegetarian and they will tell you that legumes are an important source of protein but why? Well in the roots of these legumes live tiny nitrogen fixating bacteria and they too can make O2s join with N2s to make nitrates and the little NO3s dissolve into rain and fall down to the ground to be absorbed by trees so proteins can be produced and the animals and the people can eat them and pee and die and decompose into ammonia, then nitrites, then nitrates with a little bit of it turned back into nitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria for the sake of balance, hey balance, hey balance. And this is a cycle so it happens over and over and this song’s over, it’s over, it’s over. The End.
3. NitrogeN is a Rock-Metal-Punk band from Germany who like to capitalise both N's in nitrogen.
4. Another poem about nitrogen called Nitrogen by By Nathan Long; You’re in every living tissue, but still, the French call you lifeless. They say they wouldn’t be caught dead alone with you in a room. They say the laughing gas and morphine just disguise the pain. They say, after that truck pulled up to that building full of kids and burst open, as bright as the stars where you are born, after the smog finally cleared, that we began to understand the difficulty of farm work, the meaning of dirty hands.
5. Heather Hasan author of the novel Nitrogen. Tells the origin of nitrogen; The story of nitrogen started with a bang in Arthur Nobel's lab when he created dynamite...
-Song: Aluminium - By: Barenaked Ladies -Movie: Rancid Aluminium is a movie directed by Edward Thomas about a man who's company becomes bankrupt and the only way to save his company is to work with the Russian Mafia. -Poem: Aluminium - By: John Zandler Aluminium You are a dull silver metal Very soft, lightweight, and ductile You don’t sparkle and don’t corrode Han Cristian Orsted produced you in 1825 You weren’t purified until 1827 Long before then you were used You helped the Romans cure their wounds Melting for you takes 660°C You need more to boil, 2519°C to be exact From Airplanes to soda cans to bicycles You are there time and time again Its nice to have aluminum in our modern day lives -Comic: Sailor Moon. The villain in Sailor Moon is called Sailor Aluminium Siren -Poem: Aluminium - By: Stan Mulady Aluminum Aluminum foil Comes from the soil it is made into planes and especially trains it comes from bauxite that is found in the earth’s crust and it does not rust. Its atomic number is thirteen And its neutrons is fourteen It was found in 1825 When a guy named Hans Christian Oersted was alive But he did not survive
1. A poem about neon, written by Siddharth Pandya: Neon It’s what makes some signs glow, It is the coolest element you know. It’s part of the noble gasses, And has one of the smaller masses. To specific it is 20.18, Having not so big a weight. Because of the fact that it has 8 electrons, It will never mate with the Boron’s. Founded by Sir William Ramsey, 1898 was the date of his discovery. If you don’t know what this element is, Then you must not be a Chemistry wiz.
2. In the show, inFamous: Second Son, neon is referred to and is used as a base element.
3. Another poem about neon, written by Heather A. Young: Neon lights illuminating cities of sin, shamelessly calling out to deviant children of wonderfully dark indulgences. Painting red, the faces of Las Vegas street walkers. Painting blue, the naked bodies of New York's dancers. Giving a gritty underworld a vibrant, glamorous light in which to thrive. Its gentle electric hum a breathing pulse, festering in the midst of concrete and steel. A satire on organic chemistry.
4. The novel, The Neon Bible, was published by John Kennedy Toole in 1989, and neon occurs in the book.
5. The last poem, by Tiffany Mozejewski: Driving down the road, Looking back to see The red and yellow glow.
Its name is Ne Its not that hard to see, Because if its red and yellow glow.
It really isn’t mined, It’s not that hard to find Because of its red and yellow glow.
It is very cold, Its cheap when its sold Because of its red and yellow glow.
6. The song, A Song About Neon has lyrics which go as follows: neon was discovered in 1898 by william ramsay and morris w. travers two guys who discovered other elements like krypton and xenon “the blaze of crimson light,” he wrote, “from the tube told its own story” “and was a sight to dwell upon and never forget” neon—its symbol is ne it doesn’t react to anything colorless unless exited electrically and it has no dangerous properties its a noble gas and it’s often held in tubes of glass and in small amounts it’s in our atmosphere neon is tasteless it makes unfunny jokes created while making liquid air, and it greek it means “new one” neon—its symbol is ne it doesn’t react to anything colorless unless exited electrically and it has no dangerous properties
7. A movie theater in downtown Oregon is named after the element Neon.
8. Neon appears in the DC comic series comic books. 9. modern songs that use the word neon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9uDwppN5-w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il3a7iM8NHM
Literature: 1. Poem by: Jackie Mendoza Potassium is symbol K. About 39 it weigh. It is an alkali. Without potassium plants will die. Potassium is needed in a human’s diet. Mostly all kinds of foods have some potassium in it. Soap companies, glass-makers, and even CVS Pharmacy adore him. The greatest use of potassium is in the use of fertilizer. Discovered by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. It is the color of silvery-white. Potassium is found in sylvite and carnallite. It was first found in potash. Potassium can be used to make a match. Its relaxes when with argon or any type of mineral oil. It helps to make up our world’s soil.
2. School song about Potassium My name is potassium, that’s Kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I’ve got 19 protons in me heyyyyyyyyyyyyy Inside my nucleus they stayyyyyyyyyyyyyy With their buddy neutrons and they playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
And P +N equals atomic mass x4
If another proton, to me, strayyyyyyed Like my buddy hydrogen that’s Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I’d be a calcium, Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa How many neutrons in me heyyyyyyyyy
And since P + N equals atomic mass, Subtract the P from the atomic mass, Use the table to find atomic mass, Now solve for N, just solve for N…
I’ve got 20 of each from forty in me, 20 of each from forty in me, That’s 20 of each is forty in me, 20 of each from forty in me.
3. Poem by: Kimber Smith Fee-fie-fo-fum, Here comes Potassium Previously known as kalium It was found in the 18th century.
Soft, silver hued metal that turns white in the air It reacts violently with water, So take care! Often stored under inert mediums such as kerosene.
In detergents, drain cleaners and soaps Also in bananas, grapefruits, and potatoes Even used in respiratory equipment and glass.
Mined in California, Germany, and more You can even buy supplements from a store So get some Potassium, Its ahead of the class.
4. Poem by: Anon. Potassium is my name, I'm dangerous in open air, so they hide me away in shame, I'm light, you can cut me, but I am toxic, explosive, and very reactive, and that's what's brought me to fame, so if you remember one thing, just one thing, remember I burn with a Lilac flame.
5. Poem by: Joseph Heimer Please pass the potassium; I'm hungry For a hard bolus of liquid bliss To burn my heart, yearning For a kindly scrub-clad mercy, for a coda With beeping machines in counterpoint To the slither of blood-soaked sheets; To the rattling, desperate breaths To the orgasmic throbbing heartbeat And final flutter of drumming feet..
O beautiful nurse, please take pity And kill me like my mother would Whisper it won't hurt as you press The plunger down down down To the bottom of the tube, To the end of sense, To the bottom of love-: Stroke my hair and tell me It will all be over soon.
Videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-lelxbUVE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2_E0X38FU Literature: 1. That is Iodine
Iodine oh, Iodine why must you be so pretty from silver to gray like a crystallized city. That is Iodine. The end of the world is just around the corner, A nuclear bomb fell into place and there was a problem, That is Iodine. A cut was lifted and your liquid tablets cured it, your atomic number is 53 don’t worry your in group 17 as a disguise. That was Iodine.
By Mark Conely
2. O so Solid but yet so bright Sparkling violet through the night In group 17 is where I'm found I am one of five look don't look 'round
The halogens' claim me in their group I don't smell good kind of like goup I am used often in table salt I'm sometimes poinonous but it's not my fault
Your cuts and wound I clean To make sure they don't turn green
By Hannah Caswell
3. MAN IODINE PARAGON Call your control tower; announce a plain arrival; make the elemental case. SUBLIMING IT EASILY Summon Greek for violet; arriving at solid grounding, meet a human requirement. PROVIDING FOR IODINE Aware of a characteristic odor, occur in conscious land and sea, compensating a poisonous nature. SHINE OUT A NON METALLIC Fix an intense irritation to the eyes; heal a big awkwardness, by a nose; husband your cure, to clear a throat. OPTIMIZING YOUR IODINE BILLS Make the positive charge in open court; weigh your benefits to get over defects; indeed pay heed to each deed you need. TAKE THE ANTISEPTIC APPROACH Idealize the position beyond being assailed; refine an element to meet this specification; perfect your idea, which includes all comers. MODERATING YOUR BIG IODINE EGO Be courteous enough to, at least, notice others; have the common decency to be polite to a tea; enjoy a regular attendance to a church of choice. INVOLVING THE EVOLVING UNIVERSE Apply your keen instincts to discover a free will; explore at liberty possibility, to a heart's content; give respect to this gene spectrum, use of iodine.
By Will Smart
4. Iodine
It is the way of farmers (like my father) to deal with pain silently, solitarily, a wound and an iodine streak fading sunset red to yellow the only outward sign.
By Erin Kinly
5. They sent it in the post; (two tablets our protection against the atom bomb) and I remember rubbing in to cuts, falling in to summer days with knees capped, primed for pavements, the trip, split yell and rush gush of adolecent blood, stopped by its smearing kiss-it-better streak. If windscale climbs to meet us in our street will it speak the same calm words?
1. Krypton is a musical band of the United Kingdom. 2. It is also Superman's planet 3. Book: from krakow to krypton- by Arie Kaplan 4. Book: the last days of krypton- based on Superman 5. Kryptonite is what makes superman as weak as the rest of human beings.
VIDEOS:
ReplyDelete-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57V-jAA9RL8
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fA2WP_47vc
LITERATURE:
-"Love Is Like Oxygen" is a song by the British band Sweet, co-written by the group's guitarist Andy Scott and Trevor Griffin.
-(Oxygen is a song by Bryan Adams that came out a long time ago)
"Oxygen, every moment, oxygen everyday
I can't live without it, don't take it away
I need to breathe you in like oxygen"
-H2O: Just Add Water (this is an Australian tv show about 3 mermaids that can be humans too)
-Oxygen is an American digital cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Oxygen Media, LLC
-Oxygen Poem
" I'd hold my own breath, I'd hold it all day, Oxygen's useless, Is what I did say..." and then it continues on talking about oxygen.
--Jeanne H.
Videos:
ReplyDelete1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZ9jh7IhkU
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklvuocGCAQ
Literature:
1. Silver as can be
silver in the battery
silver of my luiminous shining foil
Lithium to the battery
Lithium to us
Luiminous as you could ever be
Silver is what you arne'nt
Lithium is what you are
silver as can be
yes it is to the battery
I love this battery you are in"
2. Life as Lithium is not that great
Why you may ask?
Well, I felt free and at home once
In my igneous rock
Until all the dumb Homo sapiens
(Especially Johann Arvedsen)
Decided that its time
For me to move
And make myself useful.
Where did I move was not that great
For it’s always about their stupid needs
To move me to places like batteries
Microwaves, other heat-transferring appliances
And even pills.
Oh, how I loathed it.
I miss being a soft, silver white metal
Who was the lightest metal of them all
Oh, I miss being in my igneous rock,
That I call home.
3. You soothe my speeding head.
As my pace will never slow,
Without your loving silver,
To refresh my manic mind!
Stabilize my erratic self.
I am depression, in its true state.
I am the ultimate delusion,
You can change my fate.
The creative have always used you:
To balance their thoughts, or as a piece of art.
You are the hero’s hero.
Society owes you tremendous gratitude.
You run our modern world,
The electronics depend on your ultimate power.
Much longer than the old,
You are the King of our technological world.
4. Lithium makes me
float.
She calls me up
through the fire
out above the
clouds
against the soft
caressing kiss
of the stars
and their
blanket of night.
Lithium makes me
float.
with her smile
and giggle.
she squabbles often
with nothing even
remotely real.
and she follows
me.
Lithium makes me
float.
and on her eyes
I could sail all day.
5.Every day
she takes the pill:
pill goes in mouth, water
goes in mouth, pill
is down.
Without it she'd fly apart:
in all directions she'd be
running, frantic
shopping, talking too fast,
starting the Next Big Thing
That Would Not Be Finished.
Eventually, like a bulb
burned too bright, she'd go dark: days
slow, in bed, hardly moving
crying, crying,
waiting hopeless
for the next fast time.
Grace H.
Videos:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdirs4h-LZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25QiTmckeZk
Literature:
Truth: Platinum of Highest Purity
Others labor hard for Truth
Placed deep in the core of man,
A Platinum of greatest density,
Truth must be drawn
Like everlasting water from a well
Jethro Tull: Crazed Institution
And you can ring a crown of roses round your cranium,
live and die upon your cross of platinum.
Join the crazed institution of the stars.
Be the man that you think (know) you really are.
Double Platinum, 1999 movie
The Platinum Rule, How I Met Your Mother
In Pursuit of Platinum: The Shocking Secret of World War II by Vic Robbie
Platinum by Jo Rees
Patty M.
Silver referred in literature:
ReplyDelete1) "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" is a song by the Beatles, sung by Paul McCartney on their album Abbey Road. This song is has eccentric lyrics about a man named Maxwell who commits murder with a hammer.
2) The Silver Linings Playbook is a 2008 novel of American author Matthew Quick.
3) In the Doctor in "The Big Bang", the Doctor connects the four elements. In the same episode at Amy Pond's wedding, she recites this saying to help remember the Doctor (excluding the line "And a silver sixpence in her shoe"), who had previously been erased from time.
4) In The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick, Pat reads the book, taking a special liking to it since Hester Prynne "Believed in Silver Linings."
5) There is a billboard in game that says "Rehab Island" that features a palm tree in the middle of the two words. Very similar to the logo for the Dead Island series by Deep Silver.
Youtube links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2WT4wEZs4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygBhyfm3Usk
Sofia K.
1. The Carbon Age: How Life's Core Element Has Become Civilization's Greatest Threat by Eric Roston- The story of carbon—the building block of life that, ironically, is humanity’s great threat.
ReplyDelete2. Poem entitled Carbon Monoxide (CO) Week 2: Carbon Cabrona which was written by poet Hai Au Chu.- part of the poem:
"Smokeless inhales hurt.
I cough tar on my shirt.
As my black lungs breathe,
Shrilling exhales wheeze.
Cabrona
Falls me
Down to
My knees.
3. Altered Carbon- (2002) is a hardboiled cyberpunk science fiction novel by Richard K. Morgan.
4. Carbon is an original member of the Elements of Doom.
5. A quote by Michele Bachmann: "Carbon dioxide is natural. It is not harmful. It is part of Earth's life cycle."
6. TV show: The “Carbon Cops” Sean Fitzgerald and Lish Fejer demonstrate how awareness and technology can be combined in simple and practical terms to help people reduce their own carbon footprint and tackle the problem of greenhouse gas emissions.
7. Car Game: Need for Speed: Carbon, also known as NFS Carbon or NFSC, is an Electronic Arts video game belonging to the Need for Speed series.
8. CARBON CONNECTION
Carbon comes in many forms
Hard as diamond, soft as soot
Coal or graphite when we write
And fancy fullerine to boot.
Carbon chains are straight or branched
Or closed to form a ring
Organic compounds these are called
Parts for life they bring.
Coal and oil and fuel gas
Once mined they have much worth
These reservoirs of energy
Were once alive on earth.
When carbon joins with oxygen
It's either two or one
The double causes drinks to fizz
The single one? you're gone.
I mean carbon dioxide's fairly good
Most days it is our friend
But carbon monoxide's something else
One miss can mean the end.
-- Poem by Peter Elias
Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/eLs73KJI36w?rel=0&wmode=opaque&autoplay=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFsxb8i4tU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPIc-9-owyk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR5nHBORbTI
Jae Hee L.
1. Zinc was used in the comic book Metal Men in 1904
ReplyDelete2. Zinc was used in a poem called Zinc o Zinc by Grainy
I remember walking
With my dad to see
A lime kiln to hear about
Zinc and extraction.
Bronze age volcanoes.
I remember the smell
Of zinc from the lab
They told me it wasn't
What I meant to do.
They are the experts.
I remember reading
About the zinc prices
And lost time accidents
They have these here too.
I've black safety boots.
In Texas he asked why
I hurt myself with
This strange dedication
I had no answer.
He's engaged now.
A prodigy returns
Just for the weekend
Sits outside in the rain
Contemplates zinc and
Plans her extraction.
3. Used in the hand book called: Everything about every element.
4. Zinc is an original member of the elements of doom
5. Zinc- By Kristi Lew
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cC6gWIeNk
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUDDiWtFtEM
PG
Argon in Literature
ReplyDeletePoems:
There once was a noble gas
Who had 40 for a molecular mass
It's found in the lights
That add day to our night,
I hope my grade reads "passed"
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090511191249AAYrajC
I Am Argon
My atomic number is eighteen
I’m a gas many scientists have seen
I’m the most common noble gas on the Earth
One percent of the atmosphere, for what it’s worth.
Similar to Oxygen is my solubility
I’ve never made a compound stably
I’m pretty mellow, I’ll never react
But I can be a current through which Mercury will pass
Argon-39 is often used for ice-coring
A hobby most people find very boring
I am Argon, hear me roar
I’m always ready to tell you more.
By Kellie Holt
http://www.everypoet.net/element/display.php?symbol=Ar
To be third,
yet noble enough to be called so.
This blue,
colour of royalty, sir, baron,
this hue.
Coloured or colourless,
ask the light?
But colours have no smell,
not blue.
Red rose, green apple, purple grape,
but blue is argon's light.
By Claire St-Laurent
http://www.everypoet.net/element/display.php?symbol=Ar
The Most Noble Gas.
A true sight to see
As soon as she smiles.
The world gets filled
With a beam. But she's
Always there for a while
Until you close your eyes.
And dream about happy things
Like Lighting up The Sky!
Comic:
The Battle for Argon Falls
Please remember to sign your post with first name and last initial.
DeletePoem 1: Alphabet Sentence
ReplyDeleteAlways beneath
Certain days end forever
Geniuses hold idioms
Just kill lamentations
Many normal old people
Question reason
Still, tomorrow usually varies
Whether xenon yields zeniths.
By: Ellen Bee
Poem 2: Xenon
I am a electric ozone haze
an angry hum and a frantic white spark,
a frantic white fire
dancing through the wires
dancing across my fingers
across my eyes as they dart back and forth
smoke as it rises from my skin, from the top of my skull
Heart seized in a stuttering spasm, violently twisting itself to a stop inside my chest
I am the dancing white spark
I am the dancing white fire
My xenon glares, electric eyes blink
A flickering glow worm haze of light behind my smiling backward glance
I am a tracery of images
I am a photoelectric bliss falling shutter speed slow motion until I stop.
By: David Galloway
3. Xenon (重機甲兵ゼノン Jūki Kōhē Zenon?, lit. "Heavy Metal Warrior Xenon") (aka. Bio Diver Xenon) is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Masaomi Kanzaki.
4. Xenon is the name of a Spanish rock musical group. Alex Mudarra and Enrique Ocaña play the guitar, Gemma Barris-Esparbé Guixà sings, Ismael Serradilla plays the saxophone, Albert Vega plays the electric bass and Josep Cordobés plays the drums. Some of their most famous songs are "Mi princesa" or "Rozando el cielo".
Poem 5: Xenon
I don’t care
that you’re no
Zena warrior princess,
I just can’t stand
those high-intensity
headlights of yours
at night.
You may numb me
from my pain
if I breathe you in,
but the only good
your brightness may do
is that your excitement
may add color and life
to my plasma tee vee.
But, you know,
if I love outer space,
I should like the fact
that you are the propellant
in Ion drives —
because if Xenon is the ion,
it can be shot out of a rocket
in outer space,
forcing the rocket
to move faster and faster
through the void
of outer space.
Then again,
I’m not going to outer space,
and there’s no funding
to get us humans
into outer space
right now anyway...
So I’m sorry.
you may think
you’ve got some
bright ideas,
but when I’m driving
at night,
sometimes I think
you should keep
some of your ideas
in check.
By: Janet Kuypers
Video links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKbeMsPE_oM (Xenon Song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey2WHX6oGE4 (Xenon poem by Janet Kuypers)
Jie H.
Delete1. Is a comic book about tantalum that is a hero that defeats a guy with water with tantalum water, whihc is a very good electric conductor.
ReplyDelete2. Is a book about tantalum that explains its uses for technology, medicine and chemistry
3) Tantalum is a fairly new biomaterial designed with a high and bone-binding porosity. That was a sentence used in the dictionary as anexample to use the word tantalum.
4) tantalum was in the news saying that Apple was not using human friendly ways to extract the tantalum get needed.
5) the us was not sure if they were getting the tantalum, tungsten, tin and gold from the Democratic Republic of the Congo from Conflict-Free places.
1) http://www.uky.edu/Projects/Chemcomics/assets/images/br.gif
2) http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/book/9780444516046
3) http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Tantalum?s=t
4) TV
5) http://resourceinvestingnews.com/tag/tantalum-articles
Element song: http://youtu.be/ScZmFxv4ldQ
Exploding capacipators slo-mo: http://youtu.be/63c3NDwk2TU
Joaquin C.
References to Hydrogen in literature:
ReplyDelete1. Hydrogen is alluded to in the comic book, Metamorpho
2, A poem:
Hydrogen’s screaming,
I'm number one!
I got one less proton,
Than that helium…
We’re both really light,
We both float in air,
But I’m real combustible,
Like poppa's arm hair!
Elemental abundance?
I am the most!
In our whole universe,
Just let me boast…
Don’t give me more protons,
I like my lightweight,
Atomic number is 1!
And 1's really great!
Periodic table?
I sit in first place!
I’m not really stable,
But that’s no disgrace…
I am the first,
And 1’s really fine!
I’ll be number one,
Until the day I combine!
3. The Hydrogen Age is a movie that was released in 2004.
4. Another poem:
Hydrogen is oh-so common
You need it to make top ramen
It’s an ingredient for most foods
Everyone loves it; girls and dudes.
It’s got the lowest atomic number of one
Its group name is none.
Oxygen is it’s partner in crime.
They’re always up for a good time.
A colorless gas you cannot smell,
On Hydrogen you shall not dwell.
With one part oxygen and its twin
We get water, let the fun begin!
5. Hydrogen in referenced in the comic book,Wonder Woman.
YouTube:
1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ILqWcd214
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUDDiWtFtEM
Tommy A.
Reference with the word Helium:
ReplyDelete1. Song: Helium Hearts by Jason Reevs, (pop) chorus lyrics:
Cause we're on fire
Walking love's highest
Burning wire
Helium hearts
We're falling skyward
We're never coming down
2. Poem called: Like helium balloons:
Before our very eyes…
Like helium balloons
Ideas imbued with passion rise
Like lead balloons
Bad ideas sink like a rock
Like Burst balloons
That fragment before one’s eyes
Like trial balloons
Ideas conceived, then undock
And float away
Like lover’s sighs…
Like helium balloons
before our very eyes…
3. Helium is mentioned in a comic: Thor, Number 115, September, 1965, page 15; There thor decides to battle a villain who absorbed all the elements except helium. Thor sees the villain's weakness.
4. There is a movie called Helium, it came out this January. It is a drama about a magical fantasy world, told by the hospital's eccentric janitor Enzo, to a sick boy Alfred, so that he could regain the joy and happiness of his life, and finds a safe haven away from daily life.
5. Another song: Helium by Chris Lake (remix), chorus lyrics:
And watch me go,
Watch me go.
Float away like helium, your love.
Fill me up,
Like helium, like helium, your love.
Links:
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6X3Homj8U
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztuqU0imx5g
-Vasilisa B.
Videos:
ReplyDelete1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM6_pUE-3Pg
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHj6QFfs0jU
Reference's in Literature:
1. Nitrogen, is a comic book series that the main heroes are a team of mutant teens that go by the name of nitrogen.
2. A poem about nitrogen by Janice;
Nitrogen, nitrogen everywhere!
Nitrogen, nitrogen in the air!
It is such a useful thing,
Oh it just makes me want to sing!
It is in my blood, my DNA,
I wouldn't exist without it, there's just no way!
2. The Nitrogen Cycle Song by Amy Bronson is a folk song about nitrogen.
Nitrogen composes 79% of our atmosphere
and nitrogen is very important for sustaining life here.
Let me tell you a little story about
nitrogen fixation.
Well lightning struck, and N2s joined with O2s to make nitrates and the little NO3s dissolved into rain and fell
down to the ground to be absorbed by trees so proteins could be produced.
Then an animal ate some of the trees leaves for protein
to survive, until it died, boo hoo
and decomposed into
ammonia, then nitrites, then nitrates
with a little bit of it turned back into nitrogen gas
by denitrifying bacteria for the sake of balance.
Then a human ate some of the trees leaves so it could have protein, too, but it didn’t die, no, it just peed
in woods, oo,
but that’s alright because urine contains urea which is
ammonia which turns into nitrites and then nitrates
with a little bit of it turned back into nitrogen gas
by denitrifying bacteria for the sake of balance, hey balance, hey balance.
Well, lightning’s not the only way for nitrogen to fixate, that is, to turn into nitrates,
ask any vegetarian and they will tell you that legumes are an important source of protein but why?
Well in the roots of these legumes live
tiny nitrogen fixating bacteria and they too
can make O2s join with N2s to make nitrates
and the little NO3s dissolve into rain and fall down to the ground to be absorbed by trees so proteins can be
produced
and the animals and the people can eat them and pee
and die and decompose into
ammonia, then nitrites, then nitrates with a little bit of it turned back into nitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria
for the sake of balance, hey balance, hey balance.
And this is a cycle so it happens over and over and this song’s over, it’s over, it’s over.
The End.
3. NitrogeN is a Rock-Metal-Punk band from Germany who like to capitalise both N's in nitrogen.
4. Another poem about nitrogen called Nitrogen by By Nathan Long;
You’re in every
living tissue, but still,
the French call you
lifeless. They say
they wouldn’t be
caught dead alone
with you in a room.
They say the laughing
gas and morphine
just disguise the pain.
They say, after that truck
pulled up to that building
full of kids and burst open,
as bright as the stars
where you are born, after
the smog finally cleared,
that we began to understand
the difficulty of farm work,
the meaning of dirty hands.
5. Heather Hasan author of the novel Nitrogen. Tells the origin of nitrogen;
The story of nitrogen started with a bang in Arthur Nobel's lab when he created dynamite...
-Gabriel F.A.
-Song: Aluminium - By: Barenaked Ladies
ReplyDelete-Movie: Rancid Aluminium is a movie directed by Edward Thomas about a man who's company becomes bankrupt and the only way to save his company is to work with the Russian Mafia.
-Poem: Aluminium - By: John Zandler
Aluminium
You are a dull silver metal
Very soft, lightweight, and ductile
You don’t sparkle and don’t corrode
Han Cristian Orsted produced you in 1825
You weren’t purified until 1827
Long before then you were used
You helped the Romans cure their wounds
Melting for you takes 660°C
You need more to boil, 2519°C to be exact
From Airplanes to soda cans to bicycles
You are there time and time again
Its nice to have aluminum in our modern day lives
-Comic: Sailor Moon. The villain in Sailor Moon is called Sailor Aluminium Siren
-Poem: Aluminium - By: Stan Mulady
Aluminum
Aluminum foil
Comes from the soil
it is made into planes
and especially trains
it comes from bauxite
that is found in the earth’s crust
and it does not rust.
Its atomic number is thirteen
And its neutrons is fourteen
It was found in 1825
When a guy named Hans Christian Oersted was alive
But he did not survive
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKGVo8eszXM
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhG2e6mpdEY
-Mariana C.
1. A poem about neon, written by Siddharth Pandya:
ReplyDeleteNeon
It’s what makes some signs glow,
It is the coolest element you know.
It’s part of the noble gasses,
And has one of the smaller masses.
To specific it is 20.18,
Having not so big a weight.
Because of the fact that it has 8 electrons,
It will never mate with the Boron’s.
Founded by Sir William Ramsey,
1898 was the date of his discovery.
If you don’t know what this element is,
Then you must not be a Chemistry wiz.
2. In the show, inFamous: Second Son, neon is referred to and is used as a base element.
3. Another poem about neon, written by Heather A. Young:
Neon lights
illuminating cities of sin,
shamelessly calling out
to deviant children
of wonderfully dark indulgences.
Painting red, the faces
of Las Vegas street walkers.
Painting blue, the naked bodies
of New York's dancers.
Giving a gritty underworld
a vibrant, glamorous light
in which to thrive.
Its gentle electric hum
a breathing pulse,
festering in the midst of
concrete and steel.
A satire on organic chemistry.
4. The novel, The Neon Bible, was published by John Kennedy Toole in 1989, and neon occurs in the book.
5. The last poem, by Tiffany Mozejewski:
Driving down the road,
Looking back to see
The red and yellow glow.
Its name is Ne
Its not that hard to see,
Because if its red and yellow glow.
It really isn’t mined,
It’s not that hard to find
Because of its red and yellow glow.
It is very cold,
Its cheap when its sold
Because of its red and yellow glow.
6. The song, A Song About Neon has lyrics which go as follows:
neon was discovered in 1898
by william ramsay and morris w. travers
two guys who discovered other elements like krypton and xenon
“the blaze of crimson light,” he wrote,
“from the tube told its own story”
“and was a sight to dwell upon and never forget”
neon—its symbol is ne
it doesn’t react to anything
colorless unless exited electrically
and it has no dangerous properties
its a noble gas
and it’s often held in tubes of glass
and in small amounts it’s in our atmosphere
neon is tasteless it makes unfunny jokes
created while making liquid air,
and it greek it means “new one”
neon—its symbol is ne
it doesn’t react to anything
colorless unless exited electrically
and it has no dangerous properties
7. A movie theater in downtown Oregon is named after the element Neon.
8. Neon appears in the DC comic series comic books.
9. modern songs that use the word neon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9uDwppN5-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il3a7iM8NHM
-Hannah S.
Videos:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASRa9TOhIrc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdevJTGAYY
Literature:
1. Poem by: Jackie Mendoza
Potassium is symbol K.
About 39 it weigh.
It is an alkali.
Without potassium plants will die.
Potassium is needed in a human’s diet.
Mostly all kinds of foods have some potassium in it.
Soap companies, glass-makers, and even CVS Pharmacy adore him.
The greatest use of potassium is in the use of fertilizer.
Discovered by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807.
It is the color of silvery-white.
Potassium is found in sylvite and carnallite.
It was first found in potash.
Potassium can be used to make a match.
Its relaxes when with argon or any type of mineral oil.
It helps to make up our world’s soil.
2. School song about Potassium
My name is potassium, that’s Kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I’ve got 19 protons in me heyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Inside my nucleus they stayyyyyyyyyyyyyy
With their buddy neutrons and they playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
And P +N equals atomic mass x4
If another proton, to me, strayyyyyyed
Like my buddy hydrogen that’s Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I’d be a calcium, Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
How many neutrons in me heyyyyyyyyy
And since P + N equals atomic mass,
Subtract the P from the atomic mass,
Use the table to find atomic mass,
Now solve for N, just solve for N…
I’ve got 20 of each from forty in me,
20 of each from forty in me,
That’s 20 of each is forty in me,
20 of each from forty in me.
3. Poem by: Kimber Smith
Fee-fie-fo-fum, Here comes Potassium
Previously known as kalium
It was found in the 18th century.
Soft, silver hued metal that turns white in the air
It reacts violently with water, So take care!
Often stored under inert mediums such as kerosene.
In detergents, drain cleaners and soaps
Also in bananas, grapefruits, and potatoes
Even used in respiratory equipment and glass.
Mined in California, Germany, and more
You can even buy supplements from a store
So get some Potassium, Its ahead of the class.
4. Poem by: Anon.
Potassium is my name,
I'm dangerous in open air,
so they hide me away in shame,
I'm light,
you can cut me,
but I am toxic,
explosive,
and very reactive,
and that's what's brought me to fame,
so if you remember one thing,
just one thing,
remember I burn with a Lilac flame.
5. Poem by: Joseph Heimer
Please pass the potassium; I'm hungry
For a hard bolus of liquid bliss
To burn my heart, yearning
For a kindly scrub-clad mercy, for a coda
With beeping machines in counterpoint
To the slither of blood-soaked sheets;
To the rattling, desperate breaths
To the orgasmic throbbing heartbeat
And final flutter of drumming feet..
O beautiful nurse, please take pity
And kill me like my mother would
Whisper it won't hurt as you press
The plunger down down down
To the bottom of the tube,
To the end of sense,
To the bottom of love-:
Stroke my hair and tell me
It will all be over soon.
-Diego Ortiz
Videos:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-lelxbUVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2_E0X38FU
Literature:
1. That is Iodine
Iodine oh, Iodine
why must you be so pretty
from silver to gray like a crystallized city.
That is Iodine.
The end of the world is just around the corner,
A nuclear bomb fell into place
and there was a problem,
That is Iodine.
A cut was lifted
and your liquid tablets cured it,
your atomic number is 53
don’t worry your in group 17 as a disguise.
That was Iodine.
By Mark Conely
2. O so Solid but yet so bright
Sparkling violet through the night
In group 17 is where I'm found
I am one of five look don't look 'round
The halogens' claim me in their group
I don't smell good kind of like goup
I am used often in table salt
I'm sometimes poinonous but it's not my fault
Your cuts and wound I clean
To make sure they don't turn green
By Hannah Caswell
3. MAN IODINE PARAGON
Call your control tower;
announce a plain arrival;
make the elemental case.
SUBLIMING IT EASILY
Summon Greek for violet;
arriving at solid grounding,
meet a human requirement.
PROVIDING FOR IODINE
Aware of a characteristic odor,
occur in conscious land and sea,
compensating a poisonous nature.
SHINE OUT A NON METALLIC
Fix an intense irritation to the eyes;
heal a big awkwardness, by a nose;
husband your cure, to clear a throat.
OPTIMIZING YOUR IODINE BILLS
Make the positive charge in open court;
weigh your benefits to get over defects;
indeed pay heed to each deed you need.
TAKE THE ANTISEPTIC APPROACH
Idealize the position beyond being assailed;
refine an element to meet this specification;
perfect your idea, which includes all comers.
MODERATING YOUR BIG IODINE EGO
Be courteous enough to, at least, notice others;
have the common decency to be polite to a tea;
enjoy a regular attendance to a church of choice.
INVOLVING THE EVOLVING UNIVERSE
Apply your keen instincts to discover a free will;
explore at liberty possibility, to a heart's content;
give respect to this gene spectrum, use of iodine.
By Will Smart
4. Iodine
It is the way of farmers
(like my father)
to deal with pain
silently, solitarily,
a wound and an iodine streak
fading sunset red to yellow
the only outward sign.
By Erin Kinly
5. They sent it in the post;
(two tablets our protection
against the atom bomb)
and I remember rubbing in to cuts,
falling in to summer days with knees
capped, primed for pavements,
the trip, split yell and rush
gush of adolecent blood, stopped
by its smearing kiss-it-better streak.
If windscale climbs to meet us in our street
will it speak the same calm words?
By Seremba
Ivor V
1. Krypton is a musical band of the United Kingdom.
ReplyDelete2. It is also Superman's planet
3. Book: from krakow to krypton- by Arie Kaplan
4. Book: the last days of krypton- based on Superman
5. Kryptonite is what makes superman as weak as the rest of human beings.
Laura L.